Advertisement

The SIMPLEST Shio Tare for Ramen (Recipe)

The SIMPLEST Shio Tare for Ramen (Recipe) After the disaster which was my Kumamoto Tonkotsu Ramen bowl, I decided to do some work improving my shio tare. I found the simplest recipe I could find and decided I would work from there. This is a recipe from a Japanese tare book for a Shio tare that can be used to make a bowl of ramen using just tare, oil and hot water. No soup making required.

I was surprised by how not terrible this bowl was and it really made me think about what components are really bringing what flavors to the bowl of ramen. I also tested the tare with some instant soup stocks and the results were also good so I'm thinking that it can be used as a general-purpose shio tare even with real ramen soup made from bones (though I still need to test it out).

The author of the recipe said he developed this tare to use when testing noodles he's developing and it really does work well for that. Because its so light, the noodles have nothing to hide behind and you can taste any imperfections present in the noodles.

Recipe comes from this book:

Shio Tare:
450ml Water
70g Sea Salt
25ml Hon Mirin
7.5ml Vinegar
25ml Usukuchi shoyu
5g caster sugar
2.5g msg

Basic Shio Ramen:
36ml Shio Tare
1Tbsp Chi-yu (chicken oil)
400ml Hot water
green onions

ramen,ramen noodles,shio ramen,shio tare,basic homemade ramen,how to make shio ramen,shio tare recipe,japanese ramen recipe,

Post a Comment

0 Comments