Advertisement

Learn the Word: Therefore I Urge You (Romans 12:1)

Learn the Word: Therefore I Urge You (Romans 12:1) A couple of years ago I started going through the Navigator's excellent Topical Memory System [1]. I had also recently just listened to Bach's St Matthew's Passion, and of course Handel's Messiah; which, if you're not familiar with them, are basically Bible verses, word-for-word, set to music, and I was wondering why we didn't do that anymore.


So as I was going through them, I decided to try setting them to music; and I think things turned out pretty well. The focus here is to help memorization, which means that the text is taken word-for-word from the NIV US, and nothing cut.


Note that in this particular verse, "this is your spiritual act of worship" is sometimes translated "this is your reasonable act of service". I've looked into it and I think given the context, the first translation makes more sense, and so I've gone with it.


The melody and words can be found here:






[1]

Bible Verse,

Post a Comment

0 Comments