Advertisement

Electrolysis Using Electricity to Remove Rust

Electrolysis Using Electricity to Remove Rust In this video, I am removing rust using electrolysis. I am rebuilding the calipers I just removed from the Astro van. The first thing I need to do is remove all the rust to paint the caliper. What I ​used to remove rust using electricity. I use a 5-gallon bucket. I have 4 rebars strapped to the bucket to use as the anode rods. To do electrolysis needs a power source so I use my old car battery charger. The water needs washing soda to turn it into electrolytes. Connect the positive battery power from the charger to the rebar and negative cable to the item you want rust removed from. Give it time and all the rust comes off. Furthermore, no metal is lost from sanding or grinding off the rust.

Rust removal,

Post a Comment

0 Comments