Advertisement

DON'T Be Yourself | The Worst Self Help Advice

DON'T Be Yourself | The Worst Self Help Advice Some of what worst self help advice is 'just be yourself' - don't be yourself!
๐Ÿ’ธ Join The Young Magnates VIP Club For Exclusive Updates: ๐Ÿ’ธ
๐Ÿ’ธ

๐Ÿ”” Subscribe To Young Magnates - The Channel For Future Millionaires ๐Ÿ””


๐ŸŒŸ FREE YouTube Cheat Sheet - Perfect For New YouTubers: ๐ŸŒŸ


⭐ Facebook Group For YouTubers In Business & Self Development Niche: ⭐


▶ Binge Watch Young Magnates Playlist For REAL Money Making Tips: ▶


๐Ÿ“ท Camera I Recommend For YouTube (That I Use) ๐Ÿ“ท


๐Ÿ†“ ClickFunnels Free 14 Day Trial: ๐Ÿ†“


๐Ÿ’ฌ I reply to every comment - let's chat below, I'd love to hear from you! ๐Ÿ’ฌ

We’ve all heard the advice “Just be yourself”.

The problem, is this advice sucks.

I say don’t be yourself, be like who you want to become. I get the nice sentiment of ‘you’re perfect just as you are’, but, shouldn’t we be pushing to be even better?

I know this probably isn’t politically correct, but unless everything is perfect, let’s not settle for how things are right now, let’s keep trying to improve who we are.

I mean, ‘Just be yourself’ isn’t even really advice, it’s just nothingness, you can’t do anything useful with that. Surely it’s more useful to be looking at people who have things how you want them to be in your ideal life, whether that’s someone who has the body you want, the business you want, or just about anything else - and then don’t be you, emulate them. Try to learn from them and model your behaviours and habits around what they do.

Why stick to how you are right now when you have limitless potential to be whatever you decide to be.

And that isn’t just some cliche motivational line, because here’s the other big problem with this advice of ‘just be yourself’. There is no singular ‘You’ anyway. We are constantly changing. You are not the same person you were this time last year... your beliefs, experiences and mindsets are always evolving.

Even in a biological sense, the majority of your cells are replaced every 7-10 years, so who you are is literally changing.

In fact, in this very moment right now, the idea of you, and who you are, is subjective. You see yourself a little differently to how your family see you, which is different to how each of your friends perceive you. There are countless different versions of you, each one in the mind of everyone you’ve encountered.

But this is all good news. This is freeing.

Because people get so hung up on the idea there is this one version of who they are. This fixed definition of themselves that they’re tied to. I’m a procrastinator. I’m just a ‘late’ person. I’m not good with technology. I can’t draw. I can’t do public speaking.

But nothing is as fixed as it seems. You can change most things in your life a lot faster than you think. You could have literally no clue how to start a business right now, and yet by this time next year you could have a thriving business that you’re working on full-time.

But, you won’t unless you stop thinking you need to be some imagined version of yourself, and instead make a conscious effort to start becoming the person you truly want to be.

Don’t just be yourself, or who you think you are, keep striving for even more, and to help you get there, hopefully some of these videos can help. You’ve got this. Cheers.

Subscribe to Young Magnates for more!

be yourself,don't be yourself,the worst advice,do not be yourself,don't be you,be you,just be you,worst self development advice,useless advice,worst self help advice,useless self help advice,pointless self help advice,pointless advice,unhelpful advice,pointless self improvement advice,good self improvement advice,continual improvement,should you be yourself,just being yourself,should you emulate others,self development,self improvement advice,

Post a Comment

0 Comments